Accounting/Finance and Office Manager
Cambridge (MA), USA
The person in this role is responsible for the accounting/finance function and office operations for the US Voisin Consulting office. This position is based in Cambridge. It reports hierarchically to the US Voisin Consulting General Manager (GM), and functionally to Voisin CFO in France.
o Performs general cost accounting, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, monthly closing, and payroll.
o Prepares financial reports (business activity reports and annual budgets) for US leadership and Group Finance team; provides commentary on variances.
o Books revenue and costs to the accounting system in a complete and timely manner.
o Monitors the budgets for a portfolio of client projects (along with the Project and Account Managers). Implement action plans when over-budget. Monitor past-due accounts and collections.
o Maintains the general ledger and reconciles bank accounts.
o A/P: Prepares payment reports for validation by US leadership. Verifies payment of invoices and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
o A/R: Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books. Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
o Ensures timely submission of required legal/tax forms with government agencies.
o Partnering with HR, ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll. Prepares and maintains accurate payroll records/reports.
o Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
o Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
· Audit and Compliance
o Audits accounts periodically to ensure compliance.
o Assists internal/external auditors by gathering necessary information and documents needed for company audits.
o Ensures reported results comply with GAAP and government regulations.
· Financial Analysis
o Analyses business and financial data.
o Creates financial models bases on analyses to support organizational decision making.
o Develops financial plans and reports for organizational leaders.
o Project Controlling on adhoc studies and initiatives.
o Partners with the Voisin Finance team to manage/update of the billing rate for US projects and measuring profitability.
· Office Management
o Oversees the general administrative function/activities for the Cambridge office and team.
o Facilitates the maintenance of office equipment; maintains inventory of office supplies.
o Assists employees with business travel needs.
o Maintains access to company systems for other staff to access files and records.
o Partners with IT, HR and other support functions as appropriate to support employees.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications (only candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered):
· Knowledge of Accounting/Finance as demonstrated through a combination of work experience and academic background.
o Prior professional Accounting/Finance experience in a small/mid-sized organization.
§ Experience in a multi-location and/or international organization a plus.
§ Experience in the pharma, biotech or related scientific industry, and/or in a consulting firm are a plus.
o Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
§ Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
§ Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
o College degree in Accounting/Finance or related program a plus.
· Highly proficient computer skills including Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) or similar software.
o Highly proficient with ERP/accounting software.
o Advanced speadsheet skills.
· In-depth quantitative and analytical skills.
· Strong attention-to-detail, organization/multitasking, teamwork, and communication skills.
· Influencing, critical thinking, adaptabability, and presenting skills.
· Ability to build rapport and trust.
· Problem-solving abilities and a self-starter.
· Ability to work remote, but local to work in the Cambridge office
· Professional and courteous work demeanor; a team player and relationship builder.
· Ability to work under deadlines to meet timelines, including the ability to modify work schedule (occasional varied and extended days/hours) when needed.
· Maintains company values (People, Innovation, Passion, Excellence) and demands the highest standards of conduct from self and others.
· Equal Opportunity Employer
· All resumes are held in confidence
· Must be eligible to work in the US